Wednesday 31 December 2008

Winter Gritstone Cragging

Over Christmas me and Brandon have been getting out on the Grit alot!, We have bikes and we have been getting up at 6-7ish to get to the crags earlier, which is pretty tireing!

I haven't done much hard stuff but I have nearly done West Side Story (Burbage West), I've had two small sessions and I'm on the last side pull, I just need to find the footholds and then pop for the pocket. Yesterday I did Breakfast at Burbage West which is Font7a, I got close on my first go but after that the last move kept spitting me off. I eventually found a sneaky side pull and did it first go with the side pull. Its a pretty funky problem.

I have decided that I am going to concentrate on West Side Story (Font7b+) and The Terrace (Font7c+). The Terrace which is at Burbage North looks like my style of climbing, big moves but not (too) reachy, slappy, powerful and really steep. I would really like to do both of these problems before I am 17 which is on the 29th January. And i just thought i would tell you that m friend is making a climbing film and we are going to try and film the sends of these problems, and many more! ( also including grit solos and bold grit routes, oh, and no headpoint just onsighting, onsight attempting, and ground up ascents)

No comments:

South Island

So, we had one more day at the bronx, which was good weather! for the first time. where I finally climbed something else, Pro-Series, but, a...