Friday 8 August 2008

Moon Training Board


Yesterday my moon board arrived after around 6 days of waiting.As soon as it came me and my brother urgently placed onto one of the beams in my garage where my circuit wall is.I had a one and a half hour session on it, i spent about 40mins warming up on the large holds, i used the large holds on top,the large ones below them, and the large ones down and inwards and did sets of 5 pull-ups on each with 10 seconds rest between each set,then waited for 30/40 seconds and did sets of 3 chin-ups with 10 seconds rest between.I did this regime 4 times, then did some free-style power endurance on the slopping holds till i got pumped,i finished off by dead hanging on the 2nd hardest crimps (the crimps which are on the lowest row and on the ends of the board) using a half-crimp position,holding for 11.07 seconds.I then warmed down and finished.
After doing this session i read the suggested training session on the moon website (see here)http://www.moonclimbing.com/SchoolRoom.aspx?ID=20 , i am going to be doing this plan with my brother at least twice a week.It mentions that you don't really want to be dead hanging for more than 8 seconds, so i will have to listen to the advice there, it also says if you are dead hanging over 8 seconds the hold is probably too big for you, which means i am going to have to go onto the hardest crimps next time.
Overall the moon board seems like the perfect training tool, i think my wall and the moon board should help me break some plateau's which i may find next week when i am in the peak district.

No comments:

South Island

So, we had one more day at the bronx, which was good weather! for the first time. where I finally climbed something else, Pro-Series, but, a...