Tuesday 26 August 2008

My best day in one day.


Once again me and my brother couldn't take it anymore, we had to climb outside, So even if it was for one day we had to go. We got the train to Hathersage from Scunthorpe at 12.10 and got to Stanage Plantation at about 3.45. We warmed up on some easy slabby prolems (4 - 5+) and then a v3 which i had done before. After some people had moved from the boulder problem i came to do i started looking at the sequence, i spent near 45 minutes getting angry at the hardest move, i could do it on its own but not with the whole the sequence, i eventually calmed down, and found myself on the problem, completely calm, fully zoned out, i finished in, after it felt amazing. I had never really hit 'the zone' like that before and it felt like i was drunk. I was very happy when i finished it, i had completed one of my goals for the end of the year in around 45 minutes... The Green Traverse V6, font 7a.


I also tried the Deliverance Traverse (font V7 font 7a+), i got pretty close, except it was warm and pretty greasy, the sequence is confusing but i have watched a video on youtube and now know how to do it properly, so with a bit of friction, i'll have it in the bag. A picture above shows me trying to work it out on shit smears.


No comments:

South Island

So, we had one more day at the bronx, which was good weather! for the first time. where I finally climbed something else, Pro-Series, but, a...