Sunday 31 August 2008

A Humid Saturday at Plantation

We managed to get to Plantation again this week, me, my brother and my friends Dayne and Josh got the train to Hathersage then walked up to Stanage. I warmed up then had some goes at 'Deliverance Traverse' (v7) and made good progress, managed to get the side pull and make attempts to finish of towards the arete, except me smears were literally popping off because of the humidity so i have decided to leave that for a couple of weeks until the friction is good enough. So i had a go at 'The Full Green Traverse' (v7) started on the sloper and a little crimp thing and got to the start of 'The green Traverse' (v6) which i did on Monday, the problem with this one is trying to get you body position around and actually onto the V6 traverse without your feet touching the floor, i got this far on my first attempt and only gave it 4 goes in total so i am feeling pretty optimistic in the fact this may be my first v7, my brother wanted to try something else so we moved on. I found myself on the 'Rose and The Self Employed Business Man' (v7) but found it fairly tough to be honest. After a couple more hours of playing about on some easier stuff and trying really hard stuff we couldn't stand the midges anymore and had to leave. My two established goals are The Full green Traverse, and the Deliverance Traverse.

No comments:

South Island

So, we had one more day at the bronx, which was good weather! for the first time. where I finally climbed something else, Pro-Series, but, a...