Thursday 14 August 2008

Red Tips, End Of Trips.

What a trip, it was the best climbing trip i have been on so far. We got to climb everyday.My finger tips are red raw as i write this right now. I started of by soloing some Severes - VS 5a's, and then i flashed some easy and classic problems including Crescent Arete which was really good.The next day i did some problems which wasn't in my guidebook and then my brother found a V5 which was perfect for me, he flashed it first then showed me where to go etc.,i then flashed it, i had to dig deep, it was called Right Spur Traverse, after reading an interview whith James Pearson where he explains about his mental attitude to bouldering it inspired me to think about the climbing in a different way, its a sort of now or never way of thinking, like Steve McClure said "if you really wana do these routes,you will just push through it and take it to the next level" i applied this to bouldering.
On the last day i flashed some font6a+'s, font 6b's and one font 6b+.I quess all the training is paying off and that i have been training right. I met some other climbers called James Oswald,Seb and Johny who where really cool guys.
I have decided that i do really like bouldering, and i am going to narrow my climbing down to sport climbing and bouldering. Overall though it was a really good climbing trip.

1 comment:

Mark Rankine said...

Sounds like a good trip, lucky with the weather! We only got one day climbing in Wales, but did some classic mountaineering routes.
Cya

South Island

So, we had one more day at the bronx, which was good weather! for the first time. where I finally climbed something else, Pro-Series, but, a...