Sunday 30 November 2008

New Zealand Bouldering

Hey guys, it's took a while for me to get on a pc but I've eventually got on one... It has took 5 days for me to get any climbing in since i set of for New Zealand. It took a 24hr flight to get here and then we was jet lagged ect.

I went to Ti Point yesterday on the North Island above Auckland. It is a climbing venue for sport/trad routes and has no developed bouldering. It is coastal and the bouldering is right next to an amazing beach and clear blue water. I will put pictures up soon and topos of the problems. I have put up problems from V2-v6/7. I'll just give an overview of what i have done...I have not named them yet but i will soon, i put up 6/7 problems. The hardest being Font7a/7a+, it features very power full and flexible moves on sloppers and nice crimps, i don't have any names for them yet but when i get all the picture topos on the pc i'll give them all proper names and grades. The rock is limestone and can be sharp and snappy in places, some of it needs brushing and some boulders have loads of shells stuck to the bottom. It's pretty awesome bouldering on a hot day next to amazing water and beaches. The scenery is just amazing and there is so much potential for new climbs.

Tomorrow in going to AirStrip bouldering near Waitamo Caves to boulder for the day... I don't have much time left on this pc so i'll have to stop there...pictures soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

South Island

So, we had one more day at the bronx, which was good weather! for the first time. where I finally climbed something else, Pro-Series, but, a...