Saturday 1 November 2008

Not and average Week

Well, it hasn't been the regular train/climb/rest week. On Wednesday me and my brother met up with a friend who we hadn't seen in a while, Pete Barley, he took us to Curbar, Gardorms, and New Stones. We had never been to any of those places so it was pretty cool. I did Trackside (Font 7a) after a few goes, it an OK problem but not the best 7a around. I then tried Play Hard (Font 7c) and was told to do it the wrong way, so that's my excuse for not holding the crap sidepull thing. When we went over to Gardorms I tried Mark's roof and got to the last move on my second go, I'm pretty psyched to do it but the last move is too hard to get cracked in a small session. I then tried various other things and had fun, best accomplishment of the day was Trackside.

On Friday (yesterday), It was Halloween, so we went to the pumpkin party at plantation. We wrecked our skin before everybody came. I finished Captain Hook - Font 7b/ V8 - on my first go of the day, I had a total of around 20 attempts at it and was very happy to do it. It's certainly under-rated. I then tried other things, nearly doing - Ben's Reverse (Font 7b). At night, when everybody came and I was a bit tipsy I completed the, in a way, rumoured, Pebble Arete Sit Start after a few goes, its very powerful and compared to other problems its probably about 6c+/ soft 7a. It was a very good day out, but the night finished rather, wrongly, we missed our train stop to Scunthorpe and was stranded 30 miles from home, we was all drunk and fell asleep before our stop, I was sick on the train and we had to walk to the M180 and hitch a lift from this guy, the bouldering mat straps also snapped off. We got home at about 2 in the morning. I woke up with red tips and a bad headache. So yeah, another great week of being a climbing bum.

No comments:

South Island

So, we had one more day at the bronx, which was good weather! for the first time. where I finally climbed something else, Pro-Series, but, a...