Wednesday 11 March 2009

Curbar, Rubicon Wall & The Edge

My dad had the day off, so he offered to take us out climbing in the Peak, plus, he also wanted to get out somewhere. The day started off good, before we set off my Dad found out he had won
£1000 from a draw thing, which is good! he is going to give me and Brandon £100 to produce the first small batcth (20)of the Red Tips T-shirts. These will be available as soon as possible, click the link at the side of this page to get to the website itself. Anyways! we went to the Trackside Boulder at Curbar, and I did some nice easy gritstone problems. Brandon failed to exclaim that he wanted to climb on Limestone, so after warming up, we set off to Rubicon Wall.






We warmed up at Rubicon, and after Brandon taking some violent-un-attended-spotted-falls (I wasn't expecting them!) we headed to the Kudos Wall. I'll cut it straight, we didn't do anything. But, as they say, limestone was made for training, and that's pretty much what we did, mostly. Just trying hard things, seeing how far we can get. All I have to do is this Font7b+ and then I will be able to do most of the other extensions. The 7b+ is a lower start to a 7b which I nearly flashed (got it second go), called A Bigger Splash Direct. I can nearly do the 7b+. And I mean, nearly!





Anyway we then went to the Fox House Inn, I got 'Hunters Chicken', which is chicken, with bacon on top, and then melted cheese on top. and a pint of Strongbow, then me and Brandon had a short and intense session at The Edge, then did some serious core body, lock-off, static wide move shizzle on this pull-up bar thing on the train. Only serious train-users will know about this amazing 2m+ long bar. It's just one of those little perks of being a 100% committed full time climber.

No comments:

South Island

So, we had one more day at the bronx, which was good weather! for the first time. where I finally climbed something else, Pro-Series, but, a...