Monday 24 November 2008

Rab bouldering Series - I'm going to New Zealand

Yesterday me and my brother entered the Rab junior bouldering series, round 1, at The Edge in Sheffield. I went with a clear mind and was looking for a bit of fun. I found it pretty hard to climb whilst under pressure and i am not too sure whether i like it or not? It feels weird when you are on a hard problem, and there are loads of people watching you, most of them wanting you to fall off so you loose points. It was fun and i will finish the rounds but i hope i get used to climbing under pressure because the problems where good but it doesn't feel to good climbing under pressure. Anyway it was pretty fun, except for the dreaded jamming crack! i had never jammed before in my life, and then suddenly i have 3 go's to complete this V6 jamming crack, well i didn't do it and it lost me some points...i dont like jamming. In the end i came 2nd place, beaten by one point by my twin brother Brandon, who came 1st. It was very close. We both got free chalk bags which was nice, i got a blue Rab small chalk bucket thing. There is a picture above of me climbing in the comp.

I am going to New Zealand Tomorrow! which i hope is going to be awesome, i will be updating my blog when i am over there with pictures and stuff. Oh, and by the way most of my new pictures will be taken by my older brother Callum.

No comments:

South Island

So, we had one more day at the bronx, which was good weather! for the first time. where I finally climbed something else, Pro-Series, but, a...