Monday 2 March 2009

Rubicon Wall - 21.4 Miles

Brandon came and got me out of bed at 5am, although I was awake before hand. We biked to the train station, although, today there was a possible disaster on the horizon. We got the 6am train, and the connecting train in Sheffield left at 7:12, we would have 1/2 minutes to get across to the other platform and get the train, with bouldering mats, bags, bikes, ect.

A train station staff member was very mad at us both because we decided to ride our bikes on the platform to catch the train in time, he was extremely mad, he said that he had been watching us for weeks on the CCTV riding our bikes to catch trains, which I thought was pretty funny. After some persuasion, he let us go catch our train, but as we got close, we thought it might randomly leave, so we got on our bikes and biked again, and got on the train. I was happy to be on the train, but not so happy that the guy had actually chased us and was now on our train coming towards us. He threatened us with various things for about 3 minutes, he also said that he would be watching us on the CCTV when we was to come back later on.

We got off at Grindleford and had a painful bike ride to Rubicon Wall, we went wrong at one point and had to go back on our self to get to the wall. We warmed up on some polished eliminate problems, that we made up our self. After we was warmed up we headed over to the Kudos Wall. The first problem I tried was 'A Bigger Splash Direct', Font7b / V8. The sun was out, clear blue sky, I had my top off and it felt like a summers day, I was psyched. I almost flashed it, slapping for the sharp jug, and almost holding it. I managed to send it on my second go, which is my best ascent so far, and I was pretty happy about it. I tried loads of other things, and got close on most of them. I think next time I go here I will be more familiar with he place and will be able to crank really hard. There is a F8a route which I really want to do called Hot Fun Closing, next time I go, if i get a lift in a car, I will take a rope and try it.

We biked back, and also went to check out some boulders on top of this hill at Grindleford, which we thought was White Edge, although we got lost in some woods and came back. In total we have biked/walked 21.4 miles today. All in the name of climbing.

No comments:

South Island

So, we had one more day at the bronx, which was good weather! for the first time. where I finally climbed something else, Pro-Series, but, a...