Sunday 1 March 2009

Training, Raven Tor Tomorrow

So, we're into the third month of 2009, and I've only really had one day climbing outside. This is because I have been training for some steep, fingery and powerful Limestone boulder problems. I've started to go off the Grit for some reason, I guess it's because, in general, I don't actually like the style of climbing that the majority of the problems provide. Except there are some amazing problems on the grit, and too be fair I have only sampled what climbing venues Gritstone has to offer. I've made recent additions to my home wall which is helping, and in general I've just been training on steep problems, with bad/small footholds, and doing big moves. This should help on the Lime. So yeah, me and Brandon are going to Raven Tor tomorrow, except I'm not too optimistic about the 10mile bike ride. And it should be pretty bad for Brandon as well, considering he has no seat! I would tell you what problems I want to try, but to be fair, I am just going to try everything and anything and spend more time on the things that actually inspire me there and then. Below is a picture of me after a 6hour session at The Works yesterday, wearing my new Moon 3/4's which are really cool.



And this is The Motherboard at The Works, which is now my favourite piece of indoor climbing wall.


No comments:

South Island

So, we had one more day at the bronx, which was good weather! for the first time. where I finally climbed something else, Pro-Series, but, a...