Friday 2 October 2009

The Terrace

Last week Brandon did The Terrace at Burbage North, I nearly did it, but after figuring out how to do the second to last move, which was the move I kept falling off on' from doing it from the start, I then couldnt do the first move. So yeah I was abit annoyed that I didnt do it. So I said ''right, next week I'm guna go and do it!''.

So yesterday I got up and got the train to Sheffield>Hathersage and then hitched up to Burbage, by myself as Brandon couldn't come, but in a way I wanted to go by myself as I felt it was some unfinished business that just me and The Terrace had. I warmed up and then headed to it, firstly I tried the second-to-last move, and did it first go, so I was feeling confident then that all I had to do was the first slap and it would get sent. But, I couldn't do the first move, its just, burly and precise and just generally tricky, but eventually I stuck it, but I was abit shocked, which made me abit nervous, came to do the second-to-last move and I was feeling to over-confident and basically fell off. I then took big rests and even had a couple of breaks, but I just couldn't re-do the first move, bearing in mind I couldn't brush the holds and they was getting clogged up, and the sun was blazing the shothole, as it was a warm day. But, eventually, I pulled on and hit the hole, I then went into what I would call ''Execution Mode'' where your mind has no negative thoughts, you not thinking about falling off, you just do each move as they come and do them as perfectly as you can, it was kind of like being in a dream or something, didn't really feel real, so I then did all of the moves and slapped to the top, which is an awesome positive jug thing, topping out felt amazing. So yeah, given the conditions I think soft Font7c+ is about right, although some may disagree, god knows, anyway its an awesome problem with good moves, now onto more 7C's/+'s in the peak.....

Chow

No comments:

South Island

So, we had one more day at the bronx, which was good weather! for the first time. where I finally climbed something else, Pro-Series, but, a...