Sunday 14 September 2008

Another saturday on the Grit.


A week of college, just waiting for the weekend. I got woken up at 8:50, the train was leaving at 9:10 so i didn't have much time to get ready. We met up with some friends i hadn't seen in a while at burger king in Sheffield. We got the bus to Fox house Inn and started walking up to Burbage South. We spent a while warming up on some slabby stuff, before doing a long font 6b+ traverse which was pumpy. We then took a walk up to the crag itself and i did a V2 arete (on sight) and also the first known ascent on this V3* arete (also onsight), the picture above shows me repeating it, its a worthwhile arete which requires a high foot to be able to finish it or your hands may be miss-angled and slip off. I had a look at a very good V7 (electric storm), except the holds had major seepage as it was shaded all day. I also did the second ascent of my brothers unknown slab, named 'Element Slab' V2/3 which is situated on one of the boulders, it's pretty un-noticeable but it is there!. I also did a low traverse which wasn't quide-booked, about v3/4. I had a look at Equilibrium, dont get me started on how hard that thing looks. On the other hand, Life assurance (E6 6b) looks pretty amazing, i may to top-rope it this winter and see how it goes. Simbas pride (E8 6b)...no thanks. Of couse, we went on a trip, so we HAD to loose something didn't we (full bottle of liquid chalk).
Good weather all day, classic bouldering.

No comments:

South Island

So, we had one more day at the bronx, which was good weather! for the first time. where I finally climbed something else, Pro-Series, but, a...