Monday 5 January 2009

D (For Disaster) Day

Got up at 6am, left the house, crossed the road and then fell off my bike rather violently (ICE).

Then next it was the train fair has gone up, not by too much but enough to buy a pie and maybe some munchies with!

I met Scott and bought THE bouldering mat, I was late for 'the' train. Brandon was running late, I got on what i thought was my normal train, well it was but it went straight to the end destination without stopping anywhere, hence Hathersage. So I ended up in Manchester!

I had to get back, but i was not going to pay!, I blagged my way back to Hathersage and was about 2hours delayed in time.

Eventually i got to Burbage North to find it was completely covered in snow!, I managed to do a few warm up moves, but everything i wanted to do was in snow. Except for West side story, But i was completely De-psyched for that. I then fell in a swamp, so i swapped my socks for a hat and some plastic bags. I headed to Higgar Tor for no reason, And managed to do some shitty polished eliminates for about 15mins then the sunset, More deep snow, shoe filled madness followed until i was back at Hathersage. Then the trains followed and here i am. I have been up since 6am for nothing really, no improvement of finger strength no advance in arm power, just the Experience. Oh well, Training tomorrow!

No comments:

South Island

So, we had one more day at the bronx, which was good weather! for the first time. where I finally climbed something else, Pro-Series, but, a...