Sunday 18 July 2010

Moors Madness


So, the last post could have possibly been an over exaggeration, possibly. We will see about that. However this one will not be. On Friday my man Lee from Beta Guides picked me up to explore the desolate regions of the North Yorkshire Moors. We parked up where the road somehow turned into just a path. Now this trip was certainly the most hardcore searching i've ever done, the terrain was definitely the worst, boggy swampy marshy hills, bracken and bushes came as high as my face, non-vissible streams and rivers...then the sun went down. Luckily, Lee is that much of a psycho that he carried my rucksack for me, as I'm just not hardcore enough! We checked out a few boulders but found nothing worth camping at, until we had to settle somewhere as it got pitch black. That night was, something different. We put the one man tent up, got my cheese and onion pasty and got the beers in! I then explained my how money came to be, how the central banking system was created, and my deep concerns for things like the federal reserve. Whether the agenda's of the bloodline elite are successful or not, there is still going to be some trauma in the process of them trying to achieve globalization/centralization of power. As we learn better when going through great trauma, destroy-offer solution-rebuilld.

Then I found this sick boulder, scrubbed the lichen off, chalked it, and worked it for a couple of hours, it has a hard crux move, the rest is still sustained. Then 'Rassassier' was born, french for 'to satisfy ones hunger' which it did. Sistart round the corner of where I am in the pic, on a jug, then just keep traversing leftwards until you get to some jugs on the lip right round the corner, then you might as well rock up, (its the most logical thing to do) the line speaks for itself though when your there. I'd like some people to repeat it please, it will just take a day to get to! It felt like 7C/7C+, harder than Brad Pit and The Terrace. A larger ape index may possibly dable with the grade, but I still think it would test people. This photo is me going for the crux move, you slap again with your left to that sloper. Big move. It is located on top of a valley above a river, just North of 'Kay Nest'. The rock is amazing sandstone, really nice to touch, good friction but doesn't wreck your skin really quick. Awesome moves on this and some other projects on the boulders near by...have fun if you go!

No comments:

South Island

So, we had one more day at the bronx, which was good weather! for the first time. where I finally climbed something else, Pro-Series, but, a...