Tuesday 13 July 2010

Tumbleweed Video..and thoughts


So here is the video I put together...annnd, yeah, well, thats about it really...

Brandon is going to repeat it this week hopefully, however the sudden change in weather conditions is throwing two problems into the equation, 1. Our job is (extreme) window cleaning, and completely depends on the weather, if it rain tomorrow and Thursday we will not finish for the week, we are already one day down. 2. Raven Tor can be one seeping son of a bitch after confident rain, and the sit-start of Tumbleweed uses slots and pockets which seep, or become damp...not good. I need Brandon to send it, so we can carry on with our other trips in the UK, places we want to go before we head to New Zealand, the first place is Woodwell in the South Lakes, again, this limestone venue could possibly be off-course if rain persists. You know, I'v got places to be blocs to climb and moves to feel!
I assume there may have been some speculation on the grade of this climb, which is why I am psyched to climb some more hard things, mainly because when I touch down in NZ, I'd like to know what boulder grade I am capable of, when it is at my full limit, all guns blazing...so I have a gauge to work with on my first ascents over there, embarrassing it would be to grade a boulder something like 8A, which, on the north island would be fairly significant, and it turns out, after the locals have a slap, it is much easier. I will also be having the last 3 weeks to say goodbye to the Peak District (for now). Saying goodbye to Stanage will be defiantly be an emotional experience, I used to go every Saturday, when I'd only been climbing a few months, and suck in all the goodness, the ferns, trees, the amber rock at sunset, the rock itself and the feel of it, I'd certainly say it is the place I feel most connected to, it is like a person, especially the boulders, problems like Pebble Arete and The Green Traverse are like old friends that I visit. It comforts me that they will always be there for me. Hmmm, Stanage you sexy beast! Also the Burbage Valley is very important, those last three weeks will just be spent climbing the most amazing moves those places have to offer, hopefully with some good friction and nice people.

No comments:

South Island

So, we had one more day at the bronx, which was good weather! for the first time. where I finally climbed something else, Pro-Series, but, a...