Saturday 31 July 2010

Backat The Cave

After half days at work and a mock driving test, on Thursday, me and Brando head to LLandudno, again. Well, we didnt get as far as that, the last train took us to ''Llanduno Junction'', somewhere not too far, after making some decent home made prison style shanks using forks and tin openers, and looking which bush to sleep in, we decided to see how much a taxi would be, but hold on one sec, please dont think i'm a taxi-man, I would never pay for a taxi unless I was next to a council estate and prepared to do whats necessary with a tin opener in Wales. Which, I was, so, we payed 5quid each and she took us right up to the Orme! There was already some people sleeping in the cave, but funny enough it was the same guys from last time. So the next day was pretty awesome because it rained all day and seeped through, but everyone was being tenacious and having a laugh at the same time, which is a nearly impossible combination in sheffield/peak sometimes.

I repeated Ferrino Footless, that Brandon had done the other week, video of Brandon - http://vimeo.com/13433998

I dont think it is Font 8a+, everyone who i've asked there said it was but I would say it is font 8a, again, I can't really say whats 8a and whats not, yet. On the other hand, I do have a campus board in my back garden, and thats really how I train, like when I used to go to the works, I'd spend 2/3 hours footless bouldering, so possibly this thing feels hard for other people? Anyway, soft Font 8a i've given it.

After everyone went home, I had a couple of stella's and got on Lou Ferrino Half Natural, well I just made that name up but its Lou but without the drilled pocket up on the right hand side, apparently its around Font 8A, it was after a full days climbing but it did feel hard, i've worked the beta out anyway for the last rib section and next time I go i'l try and do it.

6 weeks time, New Zealand!

Bowderstone next week...

No comments:

South Island

So, we had one more day at the bronx, which was good weather! for the first time. where I finally climbed something else, Pro-Series, but, a...