Friday 16 July 2010

I Found Something!!


Yesterday... me, my brother, and a driver (who cannot be named for revolutionary purposes) drove to Doncaster, to search for a limestone cave. For a start, we wasn't actually sure if this cave existed, as the only information I had on it, was a few pictures from a local non-climber who for a year now is still un-contactable. The directions to this cave were pretty vague to say the least!

We had this picture....(by the way, I dont actually know any of these people, I just found it on the 'bebo.com' a year ago)
NOW...

LUCKILY.....


At first. We went the total wrong way, we was about 6miles from this place. BUT....

We parked the car at the side of a road, as I though I could see some rock on google maps on my phone, so we headed up this track. About 5 minutes later I looked up into the trees and saw a bulge of rock, as you can imagine, I ran pretty god damn fast up to it, this first piece wasnt the best but good if you are an easy climber. This set me off anyhow. I ran through the woods at about 30mph, then suddenly, I slipped and headed down a hill in the forest. What I then found is amazing. This is like everything I have ever dreamed of, and fantasised about. We had always joked about being in this situation but in Scunthorpe. I found at least 10 perfect over hung limestone boulders, limestone which was completely stable and probably comparable quality to castle hill! Seriously! Brandon then (whilst screaming) found the most amazing line, he pulled tons of ivy and branches away to uncover the sickest over hanging prow in the world! Well, probably.. That prow looks at least V10...This venue may have been found before, but not by any climbers, if they have, they have never climbed any of these boulders in the last 60 years! They are perfect but completely uncovered and in a secret huge pot hole in the forest covered in huge bracken and plants. I then came across a limestone crag, that looked amazing for sport climbing, this rock was different though, with black streaks and real blocky.

After this, we did eventually move on and proceeded to discover the picture above, which is again amazing quality limestone. This place may possibly have been climbed on before, but it is not documented or mentioned anywhere on the internet. However theres no chalk or polish, or any signs of useage. You could maybe some good, quality, hard almost-eliminate problems here, and some decent proper lines.

Doncaster has alot more potential than anyone has ever told me, unfortunately, we didnt take a pad, we had brushes/shoes and chalk but to be honest I was expecting a chalky quarry or something thats falling to bits. Now...I would just kindly offer you the location, but, I've been climbing alot at Raven Tor lately, and for a few weeks now I've been wanting some nice, steep problems. I know that there are secret crags established in the Peak District, people like Dan Varian have formed a small group, kind of like the illuminati of peak district climbing, and I cannot know where these places are, apparently, but I have been teased with pictures of these problems, and the moves look good! Also, for all the people that refused to tell me where Crag X is, ''god knows mate, i've never been''....8a.nu socrecard: Seans Problems - Crag x'

Cheers mate!

So, we are going to develop the whole place, and when we have climbed all the best ones, and made a short film about it, we will offer the location...

Unless however you just email me and say that your an alright guy...

No comments:

South Island

So, we had one more day at the bronx, which was good weather! for the first time. where I finally climbed something else, Pro-Series, but, a...